Southern Health-Santé Sud’s Board of Directors
Southern Health-Santé Sud is responsible for providing for the delivery of and administering health services to meet the health needs in its health region in accordance with the Regional Health Authorities Act and the Regulations. The management and affairs of the regional health authority is directed by a Board of Directors
The job of the Board is to establish organizational direction and vision, provide leadership and ensure organizational objectives are attained. This direction is founded on respect for regional values, evidence based decision-making and stakeholder input. The Board ensures that the business and activities of Southern Health-Santé Sud are carried out in accordance with legislation, policies, regulations and Bylaws.
The Board is accountable to the Minister of Health and to its residents. A CEO is delegated appropriate authority to manage the business and affairs of the regional health authority. Working within a policy governance framework, the Board:
• Provides a link between the organization and the owners:
• Provides accountability for activities of the regional health authority to its residents.
• Provides opportunity for community consultation and input.
• Clearly defines the Vision, Mission and Values of the regional health authority.
• Develops written governing policies.