We call it home. Friendly communities, excellent schools and activities to suit any lifestyle.
Sun, fresh air, wide open spaces and neighbours you can count on. Stroll down the street, and people will stop to say hello or lend a hand even if they don’t know you, although they probably do. We come from all walks of life, industries and cultures including Francophone, Ukrainian, Mennonite, Métis, First Nations and immigrants from all over the world.
Cottage Country? I’m already here.
Southern Health-Santé Sud offers inspiring landscapes from productive, serene farmland to the rugged Precambrian Shield, along with beautiful lakes, beaches and major historic river waterways.
A great setting for your new home! A Mecca for recreation, leisure and outdoor enthusiasts. You’ll enjoy camping, canoeing, fishing, hunting, skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, cycling, golfing and more. And in town, you’ll find plenty of other leisure, sport and recreation programs for all ages.
10 MORE REASONS to Live in Southern Manitoba!
It’s important to balance work with the good life! With a rewarding career at Southern Health-Santé Sud, you can also call Southern Manitoba home. It’s a great place to raise a family, make life long friends, and retire. All the amenities - and way less stress.
- Lower Housing Costs - Imagine way more house, way less mortgage, and space between you and your neighbour if you want it.
- Lakes & Cottages - And speaking of affordable housing, if you do want to own a lake shore Cottage, Manitoba has one of the highest rates of vacation home ownership in Canada, with over 100,000 lakes and many beautiful provincial parks to choose from.
- Lower Electricity Rates – Manitoba’s published electricity rates are among the lowest in North America.
- Lower Car Insurance – Manitoba has some of the lowest auto insurance rates in the country.
- Shorter Commutes - Imagine walking or biking to work instead of fighting rush hour traffic. Average commute – 15 to 20 minutes.
- Friendly, Safer Neighbourhoods - You can return to traditional values. Children can ride to school, or can walk a block or two for bread & milk. It’s a more relaxing lifestyle for everyone.
- Excellent Education – Secondary schools offer Anglophone, Francophone, & Immersion); and there is access to 4 post-secondary institutions in Winnipeg, along with various adult learning centers, libraries and resource centers in the region.
- Diverse and Booming Economy – We come from all walks of life and industries - young professionals, growing families, dairy farmers, carpenters, fisherman and captains of industry. With strong growth in incomes and significant increases in populations, housing construction continues to flourish.
- Golfing, Sports, Festivals & other Activities – Manitoba has one of the highest ratios of golf courses to golfers in Canada, and you can enjoy courses close to home and across the province. There are dozens of local festivals, museums and other attractions. We’re just a short drive to Winnipeg to enjoy everything it has to offer in arts, sports and culture as well.
- And, of course, excellent healthcare for you and your family!