In Manitoba, to work in a regulated profession you must apply to the regulatory body. The regulatory body assesses your qualifications to see if they meet the licensing requirements. Generally, regulated professions require university education, supervised work experience, language ability, licensing exams and registration fees.

If you are a registered nurse in another country and are currently not registered with the licensing body in Manitoba, you may be eligible to work as a trained health care aide. To attain eligibility, you would need to possess an open work permit or permanent residency as well as provide a qualifications assessment (International Qualification Assessment Services - IQAS, World Education Services –WES or equivalent) indicating the level of education you have attained. 

Each profession listed below has a link to the website of its respective regulatory body where you will find information about becoming employed in that profession.

College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba

Dental Hygienists
College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba

Manitoba Dental Association

College of Dietitians of Manitoba

Licensed Practical Nurses
College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba

Medical Laboratory Technologists
Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science

Medical Radiation Technologists
Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists

College of Midwives of Manitoba

Nurse Practitioners
College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba

Occupational Therapy
College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba

Manitoba Association of Optometrists

Physician Assistants
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba

Physicians and Surgeons
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba

College of Physiotherapists of Manitoba

Registered Nurses
College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba

Registered Psychiatric Nurses
College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba

Respiratory Therapists
Manitoba Association of Registered Respiratory Therapists

College of Pharmacists of Manitoba

Psychological Association of Manitoba

Social Workers
Manitoba College of Social Workers

Speech Language Pathologists
College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Manitoba